QUALITY & SAFETY POLICY
PHOENIX MARITIME LLC. endeavours to earn the confidence of the shipowners, charterers, seafarers and the marine industry and other interested parties and be recognized as a high quality, trustworthy international ship manager. This can only be achieved by providing flawless services that satisfy all relevant requirements. The Company shall always provide professional ship management services to owners and charterers, protect their interests and assets under its care, and fulfil all their expectations.
- Is committed to always comply with all applicable legal and other requirements that relate to the pertinent hazards and to continually improve the effectiveness of its IMS.
- Adopts a proactive approach concerning the needs of its clients and is responsive to their requests, suggestions or complaints, always trying to improve the value of its services.
- Encourages employee teamwork, personal improvement, cooperation, innovative thinking, initiative, leadership, decisiveness and focus on client’s needs and satisfaction.
- Sets measurable and meaningful objectives and targets and reviews them when appropriate.
- Addresses the needs of interested parties who receive its services or who may be impacted by them.
In order to objectively assess its performance, the Company:
- Establishes criteria for the quality of its services.
- Monitors, measures and analyses its objectives and targets for continual suitability to verify that processes are effectively implemented.
- Identifies and manages the risks and opportunities of its services.
The IMS defines the methods used to achieve Company’s Policies and the associated objectives and targets. Its implementation ensures that all applicable requirements related to managing ships will be satisfied, thus providing the necessary confidence between the Company and its customers.
The Company’s management considers its IMS as the basic tool for providing consistent and effective ship management service and improvement, provides sufficient resources and reviews it regularly to ensure its continuous suitability and effectiveness. The management commits itself in active implementation of the IMS and requires all involved personnel to do the same.
Every suggestion for improvement will be given full attention and will be brought to the highest level of the management.
All Company’s employees, ashore and at sea, are expected to comply with this policy and work towards achieving Company’s objectives. The success of the Company depends on the commitment and involvement of each individual employee.
This policy is continuously reviewed for its suitability and is available to the public and the company’s customers, vendors and suppliers.
The Management of PHOENIX MARITIME LLC is committed to take all reasonable precautions and measures, during the operation of managed vessels, in order to ensure safety at sea, prevention of human injury or loss of life and avoidance of damage to property.
The Company’s goal is to achieve ZERO incidents through continuous improvement.
To fulfil these objectives, the management is committed to the following approach:
- Complying with mandatory rules and regulations and taking into consideration the Codes, guidelines and standards recommended by the IMO, Flag Administrations, Class Societies and Industry organizations, applicable to operations of managed vessels.
- Adherence to an Integrated Management System (IMS) by all Company’s employees, including managed vessels, which promotes the concept of HSSQEEn excellence, continuous improvement and enhancement of personnel skills.
- Assigning employees possessing sound skills and capabilities in required areas of responsibility, including adequate verification resources.
- Defining the organization, responsibility, authority and interfacing of the various management functions within the frame of the IMS.
- Providing for safe and environmentally sound practices in ship operation and ensuring safe, secure and healthy working environment to personnel ashore and on board vessels by employing best management practices.
- Providing the necessary training to ensure that Company’s employees are capable of achieving safety and pollution prevention objectives in the work they perform.
- Providing facilities, systems/equipment and a maintenance system that is suited for the purpose of achieving objectives.
- Conducting management review meetings and management system audit
The company commits itself to providing adequate resources and training to its personnel, whether shore-based or on board ships, to meet the requirements of this policy. It shall be ensured that all personnel understand the policy and endeavour their utmost to implement the same at all times.