DRUG AND ALCOHOL POLICY
PHOENIX MARITIME LLC. recognises that alcohol, drug, or other substance abused by employees may impair their ability to perform properly and could have an adverse effect on the safety and efficiency of operations.
Therefore, the Company has adopted the following policy:
- No seafarer will navigate a vessel or operate its equipment while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. A blood alcohol content of 40mg/100ml or greater is considered as alcohol impairment and this limit must not be exceeded at any time.
- Personnel must abstain from alcohol for at least 4 hours before taking over watch at sea or before any other scheduled work. Being unfit for work due to the use of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited and is ground for termination of employment.
- Illegal possession, consumption, distribution or sale of drugs or alcohol by any employee constitutes a severe offense leading to immediate dismissal and rendering the person liable to legal proceedings.
- Use of prescribed drugs for medical treatment is allowed only under controlled conditions and following specific medical advice.
- No spirits or alcoholic beverages are allowed on board.
- Any crewmember suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol while on duty will be immediately relieved from his duty and placed under observation until the influence of drugs or alcohol subsides.
- All crewmembers must report immediately to the appropriate Officer or the Master, if they suspect or have evidence that any of their fellow crewmembers is under the influence of drug or alcohol.
- All Officers and ratings are subject to pre-employment and unannounced onboard drug & alcohol testing. Refusal to consent to the testing, falsification of a test or positive test results will result in the termination of employment.